When it comes to vacations, all of usually plan months in advance, based on holidays and our expected savings and the schedules of our loved ones. But what are holidays really about? Relaxing, Rejuvenating, and Rediscovering your will to be productive, saving yourself from burn out in the process. So while scheduling vacations months in advance may seem practical for other purposes, it's not exactly the best thing to do for your mental and physical health- because sometimes you need a break and a change of space now. Here are some signs that a break might be due for you:
- You fall asleep within seconds of hitting bed, and still feel tired all day: If your work, whether at the office or in the home, has reached the place where it requires you to put in so much effort that you hardly feel energetic and up for things without caffeine anymore, you probably need to chill out for a while. While you may feel that you're doing everything that you can right now, in the long run this can be very detrimental for your health and productivity.
- You're more irritable than usual: While irritability can be caused by a lot of factors, the body and mind feeling overworked is definitely one of them. If you're snapping at people more than you used to, and have very little patience as compared to your usual self, that might be a symptom of exhaustion, and you might be leaning towards a burn out. A holiday, in this case, is the perfect break that you need to come back to your obligations with a happy and relaxed perspective.
- You're not being innovative, and are not taking initiatives: if you're in a creative field and feel stuck in a rut and are unable to come up with new ideas, it's very possible that your mind is currently exhausted and required proper rest. Similarly, no matter which field you're working in, if you find yourself unable and unwilling to take initiative, you might be due for a vacation.
- Your loved ones are complaining: While every person's need of level and expression of care is different, if all your loved ones are complaining that you're not being your usual self, it might be time to reevaluate your past few weeks. A lot of times, when your mind and body are exhausted, you aren't able to interact with your loved ones the way that you used to- whether it is in terms of time, or quality. This might be a good moment to decide to take a vacation (and maybe even take them along!) so that you get time off from every obligation to reevaluate who you are and what you need to prioritize.
- You don't remember the last time you did something for fun: Did you go to watch your last movie because your friends had been complaining that you haven't hung out with them in a while or was your last lunch at a five star just an excuse to score a business deal?
If this sounds like you, you should take a vacation to remind yourself that relaxing and resting are actually part of the process of becoming successful and happy. If you still need an end purpose for everything, think of the end purpose of your vacation being that you can come back recharged. If this sounds like you and you definitely want a break now but aren't sure how to go about it, get in touch with us at TrippyBox. We'll make sure that you get a customized package that fits perfectly in your budget and time constraints, and sees you being a happier, more relaxed person in no time.